Helping a church stand up to the gates of Hell is what I've decided on.
Before my grandmother was killed by demons and replaced by the unfeeling, heartless mocker you hear and read about in CRIME | Bogus attorney freezes mother's, crippled 8-year-old nephew's bank accounts, she left me with the best advice anyone could give another person in a problem like mine and like the entire Bay Area of Northern California's:
Go to church.It sounds like a simple thing to say to someone engaged in battle with the Army of Darkness; after all, how is that going to stop the Spectre of Death from killing me? He can pierce his bony claws right through that Bible I'm holding, and then through my heart, in a matter of less than a second.
Still, though, I can't argue with the fact that I'm not dead yet, and I can't say for sure that going to church didn't help. After all, I couldn't count the number of times the Spectre of Death has failed to kill me, he's tried so many times. And, even if I could, that number would pale in comparison to similiar attempts by many, many other demons [see ESPAÑOL | Demonios ardientes con el fuego].
It's safe to say, then, that Godly wisdom and heartfelt prayer on my behalf, all of which are benefits of church attendance, are likely responsible for the protection I receive, and which comes only from the mighty hand of God.
I believe that fearing God brings protection like that. And, what is fearing God? It is the practice of true religion; and, that practice means regular church attendance, and spreading the Gospel.
To keep a good thing going, I decided to help a little church in Mountain View—the very one my grandmother meant for me to attend when she told me to go to church. They need help. Bad. At least, according to preacher Richard Watkins.
I can personally vouch for them, too. I have sat through several Sunday morning services during which demons have perched outside the windows of their church building, howling and knocking and prowling, while the poor souls inside did their level best to pretend they could hear and could see nothing, as they were warned to do by the Voices Demons themselves.
After having lunch with Brother Watkins several weeks ago, they have championed me to their cause: to ensure they are not forgotten as the Light to the Valley they've always wanted to be. Using me (of all persons), they are reaching out to to the world, specifically, to victims of demonic activity everywhere, as people who have met the Devil face-to-face, and not just as people who have simply tasted his wares at the subtle level most people in the world have. They are reaching out to say that they are still alive, they are conducting services, and they are every bit the disciples of Christ they ever were, Satan be damned.
Listen to them, and, send your questions and comments about these sermons to email@example.com; and, as always, words of encouragement are welcome, too.
Coming soon: Richard Watkins on YouVersion's Live Events.
The Bible on this blog
See these other posts about the Word of God and the Bible as it pertains to demonic activity and this blog [search for 'bible' on this blog]:
- BIBLE | Your God-prescribed duty to those in mortal danger
- BIBLE | God says to beat the backs of foolish Voices Demons [see also BIBLE | God calls Voices Demons fools]
- CRIME | Anonymous e-mailer claims damaged genitals preclude salvation
- Is a holy war against demons truly righteous?
- READER | Did you bring demonic possession on yourself somehow?
- God's plan for demons that possess spelled out in Bible
- Most Bay Area demons live in closets—just like biblical Asmodeus
- Blanket demons possess bedsheets, humans possess clay
- God's plan for Voices Demons spelled out in Bible
- READER | What are the qualifications of an exorcist
- SURVEY | Does the Psalm 41 promise cover junk charity?
- BIBLE | Whom shall I fear? Demons? Of whom shall I be afraid? People?
- SCIENCE | Why some demons wear clothes; why others go naked
- READER | Why are demons following you? Is it because you're a bad person?
- BIBLE | Smile while you vanquish demons
- READER | Young man's soul seeks relevance of Bible to demonic crisis
- JUSTICE | Demon involvement in economics and politics goes back 2,000 years
- BIBLE | Fear was not a factor for David
- BIBLE | Fear should not be a factor for you
- READER | Is Wicca the answer to the demon problem?
- Psalm 140 sums up most earnest prayer
- "God gave you AIDS because you deserve it."
- Demon problem has but one solution—prayer
- Demonic entities made of flesh-and-blood, vulnerable
- ASTROLOGY | Is there a correlation between demonic activity and astrology? [see Astrologers respond to discovery of demon-astrology connection]
- The Rape of a Demoniac, Part I | The difference between true evil and just bad acts