Spreading the gospel is a way to prove to God, man and yourself how committed you are to Christ, in that doing so carries life-threatening risks.
— From Delivering the Gospel is Deadly Work, one of my Bible study notes, on Acts 20:24
As you can see, I've been studying my Bible and taking notes—I'd be a fool not to:
|Although I don't take notes as frequently as I'd like or used to, the ones I do take are quite comprehensive|
The title of this note portends to a topic that has seen very little quality treatment. The people who write such titles and talk on such a topic rarely have Jesus at work in their lives. They haven't really done much in life, haven't lived, haven't struggled—like life-and-death struggle—with sin or the consequences therefrom (either from you or someone else).
It's a topic best broached by people who are struggling, people who pray the prayer of Jonah, people being carried across the sand, and people who are being helped by people who help because of Christ. Anybody can draw a picture of a house, but living in one is much better. Those kinds of people make the best audience, too. I can draw you a map to somewhere, but you won't need unless you're going there.
The topic of your salvation and Christ's role therein needs to be hard-hitting, which can only happen if it applies. There is no room for guessing or estimating or false relating to issue related to your salvation, and your hoped for future citizenship in the Kingdom of Heaven. You have to question why anyone not in your shoes—or someone who has never been in your shoes—would have anything to say about you or your salvation. It's fishy, and I have to think about what the Bible says about fishy: "You will know them by their works." [Matthew 7:16, 20]
So, moving on, then, to notes that will be shown and told to you by and through the mind of Christ and the Spirit of God in ways that only they can, if you're blessed.
Top 3 Signs Jesus is at Work in Your Life:
- You are feeling the full weight of sin. And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
- You are acutely aware of your shortcomings, how far you fall short of the standard. I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear:
- Circumstances are compelling you to change. He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire: Whose fan is in his hand, and he will thoroughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.
— (Matthew 3:10-12 KJV)Top 3 Signs of His Success:
- Every word, thought and action is infused by the Spirit of God and the mind of Christ, blessing each step you take. This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
- You feel confidence from a source other than yourself as you move forward in life, and feel unencumbered by your past, and can rightly attribute these things to the love of God. Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
- You are a worthy and acceptable candidate for membership to a community of like-minded persons, who can aid you in your journey along the path of righteousness. And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
— (Hebrews 10:16, 19, 22-25 KJV)