Monday, March 12, 2012

Suit filed for lock-out by landlord, $700 in damages sought

Last week's lockout by the landlord was met with a small claims suit, which seeks $700 in damages for the landlord having locked the gates to the property. On March 1st, I left my apartment early that morning, only to find that I was locked in. I had to climb one of the gates to get out. For the next seven days, I had to climb 7 to 10 foot tall gate structures to enter and leave my apartment.

This is against landlord-tenant law in California, and California Civil Code Section 789.3 specifically grants an award of up to $100 a day to the tenant under these circumstances.

Murder, Satan wrote | “They popped a cork on you…”

"Rock him off" and "Cash him in" are both phrases used to describe murder, or at least acts likely to lead to death, in ...