Thursday, July 19, 2012

Sexual assault case in limbo

IAccording to Detective Craid of the Santa Clara County Office of the Sheriff, my complaint for forced sodomy and forced oral copulation was hand-delivered to the San Benito County's Sheriff's Office on July 11th, 2012; however, a representative of that office could not confirm its receipt.
The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office case number 
The crime was reported on June 19th, 2012, to Detective Noe Cortez.
I left a voice message with a detective working in the sex crimes unit this afternoon; however, so far, my call has not been returned. So, as things stand so far, nobody in either sheriff's office knows where the case is.

UPDATE: A detective from the San Benito County Office of the Sheriff called me back at 4:24 PM, and, at first, stated that she had received a fax from the sheriff's office in Santa Clara County, but was still waiting on the audio recording of the interview from them. When I told her that I had just talked to Detective Craid about the case, the aforementioned detective said that she hand-delivered everything to San Benito County on July 11th, 2012. She was able to confirm that, and stated that she had been on vacation, and just returned to the office yesterday.

Once we were both on clear on whether she now had everything she needed, I asked her how she preferred to proceed. Long story, short: I have an interview tomorrow at 1:30.

Finally, I asked her if she had received anything from San Jose Police Department, which also is conducting an investigation, since part of the crime happened in San Jose and the other part in San Benito. She said she was unaware of that, and said there were no notes on it the file that came from Santa Clara County.

I asked her to get the files, then, but she said I had to do it because San Jose PD will not give information over the phone (or something like that).

So, I went to San Jose Police Department, who said she could call, and then gave me the number.

I tried calling her to give her the number, but she didn't answer the phone, and her voicemail didn't pick up. I called the main number, but, instead of transferring as they said they would, dispatch put me on hold. After about 6 minutes or so, I hung up.

UPDATE 07-20-2012: Today, I received a call from the San Benito County detective; she wanted to cancel the interview for today, and then reschedule for Wednesday. After explaining that it was next to impossible for me to find a ride to the far-off sheriff's office, she offered to meet me at my current residence.

I agreed; so, hopefully, we can finish this process on that day.

Murder, Satan wrote | “They popped a cork on you…”

"Rock him off" and "Cash him in" are both phrases used to describe murder, or at least acts likely to lead to death, in ...